Thursday, September 23, 2010

Term 2 resolutions (and survival tactics), Part I.

Since it's already Thursday (note to self: a week without classes seems to last half as long), I'm starting to gear up for Term 2, which begins on Monday. As part of my preparation, I'm engaging in two essential activities: 1) venturing to Target for some retail therapy and 2) drafting a list of Term 2 resolutions to ensure that I actually make it through the next month in one piece.

And with that introduction, here is the first batch:
  1. I WILL sleep more than 4 hours a night, no matter what.
  2. On the days when I break resolution #1 (oops), I WILL NOT drink more than 3 cups of coffee before 9:30am. Or 9:31am.
  3. I WILL go grocery shopping at least once a week (reminder: 7-Eleven is NOT a grocery store).
  4. I WILL do laundry at least once a week.
  5. I WILL go to the gym regularly.
  6. If I actually stick to resolution #5, I WILL REALLY stick to resolution #4. No, really.
  7. I WILL call my friends back home (if they haven't already disowned me) rather than communicate with them solely through my Facebook status.
  8. I WILL update my Facebook status.
  9. I WILL buy a TV (this has been on my to-do list since August 16th).
  10. If I do not buy a TV, I WILL cancel my cable (this has also been on my to-do list since August 16th).
  11. I WILL make time to enjoy Charlottesville.
  12. I WILL NOT define "enjoy Charlottesville" as making a trip to CVS or Harris Teeter.
  13. I WILL figure out how to accomplish these resolutions without breaking resolution #1.
That's a good start, but there's definitely more to come. I wonder where I can go to clear my mind and think about this... What's that you say? A place filled with fabulous accessories, endless rows of home decor, and Fall must-haves? But of course, it's time for my Target run!

Resolutions: to be continued! Retail therapy calls.

2 comments:

  1. finally getting a chance to read your blog! if you need ideas to "enjoy charlottesville" (on your list), then hop on over to my blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. like how WILL buy a TV is immediately followed by If I do not ... :)

    ReplyDelete