Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Can I get a side of hindsight with that?

A few nights ago, I went to dinner with two of my best girl friends at Darden. The evening was frighteningly civilized - we were all dolled up and sitting fireside at Ivy Inn while sipping wine, enjoying tasty entrees, and celebrating job offers. Wait...WHAT?!? (insert screeching sound here). Um, rewind. This time last year, I'm 99% sure I was holed up in a Learning Team room, wearing some moderately-socially-acceptable form of pajamas, and trying to figure out what evil person invented case interviews and how I had managed to forget long division. Yikes.

But now, things are looking better than an appetizer of shrimp and grits (side note: highly recommended). I hesitate to quote the Darden saying, "trust the process," because I fear that a band of disgruntled FYs might send me hate mail (totally understandable - I would have done the same last year, too), but the proof is in the pudding. Or, er, the dinner. Between the three of us, we have accepted offers at Target, General Mills, and Bain & Company. Not too bad for a bunch of ladies who suffered multiple panic attacks - together, I believe - in LT rooms last year.

Needless to say, it was a fabulous dinner. Not just because of the company, but also because I cherished the opportunity to celebrate friends, jobs, and all of the ups and downs of the past 365 days. And a warm apple tart for dessert didn't hurt, either!

1 comment:

  1. love you, lils! you'll be visiting us in minnie before.you.know.it! i'm sure they have warm apple tarts there, too.

    ReplyDelete