Hello, friends! It's been a while, and I'll take the blame. Last week was such a whirlwind that I barely had time to sleep, eat, and breathe, let alone blog (I know, I know...I need to get my priorities straight!). But it was a good kind of busy - the kind worth writing about!
So, here were some highlights:
1. First Year vs. Second Year Pie Eating Contest. Picture cowboy hats, pumpkin filling, and pie crust flying in all different directions. It was truly a sight to behold. It was followed by...
2. First Year vs. Second Year Apple Bobbing Contest: And this wasn't your mom's apple bobbing. This involved costumes, elbows, dunking, and a whole bunch of other things that my mind has chosen to forget (probably for the better). Let's just say it was highly entertaining.
3. Visit to the Target Distribution Center: As part of our Operations class this Term, the entire class took trips to various factories and distribution centers in the area. What's that you say? Field trips are lame? Not so in business school! Not only did we get to forgo the color-coded visors and monochromatic boxed lunches, but we actually got to see a bunch of really neat stuff. And, I learned that Americans buy more fake Christmas trees than I could have ever imagined...
4. 6K Race: Although getting up at 6:00am on a Saturday morning is never something I recommend, I had an absolute blast running a 6K with seven other ladies from Darden. Not only did we get to run on a great course, but we got to celebrate our finish with homemade pumpkin muffins! Who wouldn't want to run a 6K for those?!
5. DARDEN CUP SOCCER CHAMPIONS!!! Nail-biting games + lots of injuries + bicycle kicks + penalty kicks = ? No, not the World Cup! I'm talking about Section C's performance this Saturday!!! We took home our first (but not our last!) trophy this weekend by crushing the competition in a hard-fought championship game. Amazing!
Ok, I think that's enough enthusiasm to get me through the next few hours. Back to the real world, and off to Learning Team!
what about the food festival?!
ReplyDelete